Plusoptix has developed handheld autorefractors especially for infants, children and uncooperative patients, which measure both eyes at the same time (binocular) from one meter distance, within one second.
These devices have been designed for the use at several workplaces in a practice or eye clinic.
plusoptiX A12C plusoptiX A12R
- The plusoptiX A12 measures both eyes simultaneously (binocular) within one second from one meter distance to the child
- Used in un-dilated pupils, measurements of hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism and anisometropia provide valuable data for a quick vision examination. Results can additionally be used as a starting point for retinoscopy or to confirm retinoscopic results
- The measurement is taken fully automated, and can be performed by an assistant
- Possible measurement in cycloplegia
2) Measurement results
- Refraction (Sphere, cylinder and axis)
- Symmetry of corneal reflexes
- Pupil diameter and pupil distance
- Our devices are maintenance free
- Mobile use at several workplaces
- Battery-operated (rechargeable AA-Batteries, no high costs for the exchange of an in-built battery)
- In-built touchscreen
- The measurement from one meter distance is reliable and delegable
- Uninfluenced by medications
- Even children with nystagmus and uncooperative patients can be measured in less than one second
- Measurement over glasses and contact lenses
- If a skiascopy in cycloplegia is required, it proceeds faster because of the existing measurement values, especially cylinder and axis. Furthermore, you have a result to compare with.
- No wrong myopic results because of device myopia (device accommodation)
- Entry examination of infants and children in your practice will be substantially simplified
- WLAN interface for automated datatransfer to a patientdata-network with GDT (only plusoptiX A12C)
- Patient database to store measurement results in the device (only plusoptiX A12C)
- Complete measurement results as PDF file on USB
- Access to PDF files from any computer in the network via WLAN and IP of your device (only plusoptiX A12C)
- Automated printing on any connected Computer with a printer via "plusoptiX Connect" (to download the free software please click here)
- Print measurement results on labels via the plusoptiX P12 - Labelprinter (optional)
Please click here for information how our devices differ from usual table autorefractors.
Please click here to reach the list of ophthalmologists and clinics, working with the Pediatric Autorefractor or Mobile Pediatric Autorefractor.